When you click "Add Toolkit Shortcodes" in the visual editor or in page builder, you will be given six options in which to display your materials:
- Single Item - draws attention to one item
- Tile Gallery - creates galleries of multiple items
- Gallery Slider - creates a rotating carousel that displays multiple items
- Media Playlist - displays audio-visual items and curating playlists
- Map - displays items on a geographical map
- Timeline - displays items on a time
The single item display option allows you to select one item from your DRS collection, or the DPLA, or even upload your item directly to wordpress. By clicking on the settings pane, this option also allows you to adjust the item's size, alignment, and caption to display.
The tile gallery display operates in a manner very similar to the single item view, but allows you to display multiple items in various layouts. By clicking on the settings pane in the tile gallery, you can choose which layout format you would like to display your materials in.
Similar to the Tile Gallery, the Gallery Slider allows you do display multiple items in a rotating carousel. By clicking on the settings pane in the Gallery Slider, you can adjust rotation speed, customize the style in which the items will transition, toggle auto-rotate on or off, and tinker with other settings that affect the manner in which your item will display.