The Settings button in the Dashboard allows you to change crucial aspects of your website such as the Site Title and Tagline, as well as the moderation of comments and the layout of blogs. When adjusting these settings, it is important to remember to click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of every page to make sure that your adjustments are saved and executed.
The Settings pane has 10 subsections:
- General – allows you to alter the site title, tagline, admin email address, membership, new user default role, timezone, date format, time format, and site language. This section also gives you the option to change your website’s URL. This is an option that we are still working on revoking. Please do not change your URL without contacting the DSG first.
- Writing – allows you to edit the ways in which blog posts are catalogued and categorized. This section also gives you the options to set up a post-via-email system and update services that send messages to a preset group of links to websites when you publish new posts.
- Reading – allows you to manage the landing page for your website by giving you the option of using a static home page or your latest blog posts as the website landing page. This section also gives you the option to make changes regarding search engine indexing and blog visibility.
- Discussion – allows you to moderate the comments features in your website. This section gives you the option to link posts from other blogs and turn the comments feature on or off. For more information on adjusting the comments settings, please visit our documentation on Themes, Plugins, and Comments.
- Media – allows you to adjust default settings for image files stored in the media gallery. For more information on the Media, please visit our documentation on Using DPLA and Media Gallery items.
- Permalinks – allows you to create a custom URL structure for your permalinks and archives.
- CERES Exhibit Toolkit Settings – allows you to link your website to a particular collection stored in the DRS, adjust the single item page, enable the Mirador image viewer, and alter the search and browse facets.
- Relevanssi – allows you to adjust the search engine settings that enable users to search through your website. The section also gives you options to adjust stopwords, logs of user queries, and the default order for showing results.
- Page Builder – allows you to adjust the display of the Page Builder interface. Please do not change these settings without contacting the DSG first.
- Widget Context – allows you to adjust the contexts in which certain widgets, such as the side menu, operate.